You know what’s fun? Being an English major and a cartoon fan.
I could go on, but I won’t.
God damn symbolism is awesome !
Makeup is FUN, creative, colorful, and an artistic form of expression.
Women and men can wear it for whatever reason they want…and most of the time, it’s NOT because of the social demands for beauty or to simply “impress” people. And even if those were the reasons, LAY OFF.
I am all right with this ad campaign. It uses simple text that emphasizes that individual women have their own individual reasons for wearing makeup as opposed to just putting some airbrushed celebrity at the forefront and making people feel ugly.
This ad campaign does get to the point as to why I wear and love makeup: because I want to. I wear makeup because I think it’s pretty, interesting, versatile, dynamic, and it makes me feel like I want to feel. I don’t need to wear makeup. I do not wear makeup for anyone other than myself. Makeup is about joy and becoming whomever you are!I love this. (Specifically the one about bright eyeshadow!)
But second one cinna is that you
Okay but my favorite is that none of these are gender specific. All around awesome. You go Maybelline!
Verb tense issues everywhere!
I should get back to working on revisions but I wanted to talk about something. So, I wrote an elegy about a sparrow nest and pretty much everyone in the class thought I was talking about an actual sparrow.
And I totally understand how they thought that way. My pronoun usage was weird (wanted to personify the nest so I called it a “she”) and my lines were rather ambiguous. But I did get the tone across so I’m just working on my wording and clarifying lines. Taking out the first two lines was also really helpful since it brings the nest more to the forefront.
- DBT self soothing techniques
- PTSD Forum: Self Care
- ED Recovery: Self Soothing Techniques
- Addiction Recovery Coping Skills
- 99 Coping Skills: Things to do Instead of Cutting
- Invisible Disabilities Association of Canada: Coping Skills
Meditation & Relaxation:
- Tips to Start Meditating
- 8 Ways to Make Meditation Easy and Fun
- 18 Minute Guided Meditation: Blissful Deep Relaxation
- 1 Hour Universal Mind Meditation
- Guided Meditation for Sleep and Good Dreams
- Guided Meditation and Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- 1 Hour of Nature Sounds
- 1 Hour Rain
- Foundations in Flow Yoga Class
- Heart Opening 30min Yoga Class
- 10min Shoulder Yoga Routine
- 9min Yoga Breathing Exercise (Pranayama)
- Kundalini Yoga Breathing Exercises (3 min)
- Make Origami
- DIY Home Spa
- Nail Art Tutorials
- Chevron Friendship Bracelets
- Glitter Jars
- Learn to Crochet
- Learn to Knit
- Turn an Old Shirt into a Tote
- Easy Sugar Cookies (Vegan recipe here)
- Garland Decorations
I know who you are anon. Anyway—
1. While baby hippos are cute I don’t trust them.
2. I don’t like holding babies. They make me nervous with all their squirming.
3. I like Shemar Moore (he’s an actor on Criminal Minds; you should watch it)
4. I have a teddy bear named Kenningsworth.
5. I’ve always wanted colored contacts.
6. I get really into watching movies and tv shows (talking to the screen, squeeling, etc.)
7. I rarely do anything with my hair. Getting me to curl my hair in the morning is a miracle.
8. I might join AmeriCorps or Peace Corps in the future.
9. World War Z is one of my favorite books.
10. I still have the beanie baby that my math teacher gave me before I graduated from middle school.
I have no favorite Makorra moments because I don’t ship it and I never will.
Facts about moi?
1. I love horror movies, especially zombie films (hint: people should recommend me some good ones).
2. Even though I know most Syfy original movies are horrible I still enjoy watching them.
3. I don’t like white chocolate.
4. I think bats are really really cute.
5. I played violin for 8 years.
6. Professor Layton, Harvest Moon, and Rune Factory are my favorite video game series.
7. Playing console games give me headaches. I think it’s the graphics paired with the screen or something.
8. I watch Catfish for the eventual fuckery that ensues each episode. I ain’t watching for the sappy love connections.
9. I have a penchant for dirty jokes.
10. I went on a trip to Canada in middle school.
I was supposed to talk to my mom about something important over break but it got pushed aside by everything else that’s been going on. I don’t want to talk about it over the phone but I also don’t like the idea of waiting until the semester is over.